Subscribe to The Wave Report!
Name:Email:

Monday, April 5, 2010

Graphic Facilitating at the Ideation Conference!



I am on a flight to California to graphic recording for Charles Lee's IDEATION CONFERENCE.


It was only a few weeks ago when I found myself bumping into Dawn Carter at SXSW daily and in the most unique places. I will always treasure and love what happens when we leave the space open for things to emerge...and this is one of those times.


Dawn spoke passionately of a conference that was just a few weeks away, the participants, the speakers, and the vision. I was taking visual notes in all of the SXSW sessions I attended, Dawn always seemed nearby in the common sessions we attended, and I think she had glimpses of my notebook…needless to say, the wheels started turning for both of us.


First, we started talking about how cool it would be if someone was there to map the conference. Then, the more she described the intent and vision of this conference, the more curious I became, the more bought-in I was in HER success there.


Not more than one week later, Dawn contacted me with the opportunity. Now, here I am on a plane, reflecting on what happens when we stand in the wide open space of possibility!


The speakers are:

· Andy Bales – CEO of Union Rescue Mission

· Idris Al-Oboudi – Manager for City of Manhattan Beach, CA. Parks and Recreation Department

· Brian Cooper – CEO Glimmer of Hope

· Eugene Cho – Co-Founder of One Day’s Wages

· Lee Fox – Co-Founder of KooDooZ

· Nathan George – Co-Founder of Trade As One

· Jake Harriman – Co-Founder Nuru International

· Scot Harrison – Founder of Charity:Water

· Beth Kanter – Autor of Beth’s Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

· Wade Kawasaki –

· Keith Kall – Executive Director for Corporate Engagement at World Vision

· Ben Keesey – CEO of Invisible Children

· Nisa Islam Mohammad – Founder of Wedded Bliss Foundation

· Jonathan Olinger – Founder of Discover the Journey

· Isak Pretorius – Joint Aid Management

· Hannah Song – President of LiNK or Liberty for North Korea

· Lotay Yang – President of New Horizons Foundation


We plan to post the images and images here. Please follow us on twitter at Janineunderhill #theideation.


If you are curious about what is happening these next few days, feel prompted to leave a question in the comment section.

0 comments:

Post a Comment